Your relocation day is slowly approaching, and the excitement is rising. Especially if this is your first time to move, you might feel like you are biting more than you can chew. Do not worry – it all seems complicated until you organize well. You can arrange your relocation either on your own or by following the advice of the professional Chicago moving company. This text can serve you as a handy guideline on how to focus on the important details.
- Measure the new home. – It is essential to check your new house or apartment measurements, so that you can compare those with your furniture. When you measure it all and take a closer look at all the blueprints, you will have a clear picture of what furniture will fit in there.
- Schedule the moving date. – Doing this in advance can not only help with your overall organization but also cut the moving cost if you choose the date wisely (middle of the week, middle of the month, etc.).
- Take care of your utilities. – It might seem like a no-brainer, but people tend to overlook this important detail while they relocate. Schedule your disconnect and connect dates for the gas, electricity, etc. Take care of all your unpaid bills and ensure yourself a fresh start in your new home.
- What do your Chicago movers transfer? – In every company of local movers or long distance movers, they have a specific list of things they won’t transport. These can be fire extinguishers, aerosol cans, pesticides, etc. Make sure to check this list with your company, so there aren’t any awkward surprises on a moving day.
- Label your boxes. – Everything has to be ready when the moving company arrives, including your boxes. Make sure to properly label them, so the movers know what is fragile and what isn’t.
- Check your packing kits. – Make sure your boxes and other packing supplies are ready. Also, you don’t want to pack your goods into damaged boxes. Lastly, consider the fact that some items require pro packing and transport.
- Pack your essentials in a separate bag. – You don’t want to go through ten boxes to find a toothbrush and a sweatshirt or pajamas, don’t you? An essentials bag is necessary when you first arrive to your new home, so you can have them on hand until you unpack.
- Have kids? Check the new schools. – If you are moving to a different state or a city, do your research beforehand about transferring your kid to a new school.
- Change your address. – You don’t want your bills, magazines and what not to keep coming to your old address. To take care of that mess, do it on time.
- – Whether you want to do it by yourself or to let your close friends and family know, make sure to get happy with your new life chapter. Express your happiness and excitement!
Relocation is a lot of work, but it doesn’t have to be too much of a hassle if you do it right. Check these useful tips and tricks and move on seamlessly!