Organizing a move is quite a challenging task, especially if you’re organizing a long-distance move. Whether you are moving in or out of the Lake Zurich IL area, you will have to be well-prepared. And what is better for preparation than making lists? A list is an easy way to keep track of what you have done and what you need to do next. What do you need to do a month before the move? How about two weeks before? And how about a week before relocating? That is why lists are gold!
Things To Be Mindful Of
When you are setting up a list, there are some things to think about, and the vital points are about the budget, as well as organizing time.
- Packing kit – if you already don’t have boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and other packing supplies, you will have to think about how to get it, as well as how much it will cost. This is why you need a list of packing supplies and your own beginning price estimate for everything you need. Many moving companies offer packing kits, but the prices can vary. If you check the stimovers.com website, you will notice the affordable pricing that might suit you.
- Movers Cost – since the relocation process – especially the one when you’re moving out of town or even state – can be costly, it’s important to be informed about the prices that relocation companies offer. The best way to find out more about the pricing is to get an on-site estimate – and that is why the relocation cost needs to be on your list.
- Insurance – one more thing on the list should be the insurance cost. Do you know if the moving companies offer free insurance? Some of them do, but many of them don’t. Even if the company you choose provides basic insurance coverage, it’s essential that you calculate the possible additional insurance cost for your valuable items (such as antique furniture, pianos, etc.).
- Storage – if you need to store your belongings between moves, that is also something that has to be on your list. Check with your moving company how much the storing services cost and count it in your budget.
- Household management – when you are moving into or out of our beautiful suburbs, you also have to be mindful of changing your address, transferring your utilities, cable, etc. The housekeeping matters are the ones that we think are not so important to mention, but it’s better to get them on the list – that is how you won’t miss anything. It is a massive change to entirely move to another city area or state, so changing the bank, child’s school, etc. are things to keep in mind.
- What Order? – Just as mentioned at the beginning of the article, the order is crucial. You will make things much easier for yourself once you set your little relocation timeline. Then you will know what chores you have to do first, and what last
Getting the right advice on the moving process can be precious. So, inform yourself and get the right tips to make the relocation go as smooth as butter!